Client update summary:
This update comes with a necessary client update located here.
- Massive overhaul of our client -- Full 881 textures and no audio issues.
- Client runs smoother than its predecessor, and allows for more players in one area.
- Custom dungeoneering has been replaced with the FULL dungeoneering system.
- Two new world events and slayer monsters were added
- Linza and Akrisae are now accessible at barrows.
- You can now acquire skilling pets for all skills
- Check out the update thread for a list of all updates, there's plenty!
With this update, SoF rates for rare items are drastically increased for a short duration of time.
[+] Client changes
It should come with no surprise that our client release has been highly anticipated. It opens up avenues for release of content we've worked on for a while: including Dungoneering, RoTs, and other content that simply was not possible without this massive overhaul.
- All items now have the correct inventory and equip models.
- Everything that previously was untextured (830+ content) is now fully textured! This includes all items, NPCs, maps, and objects up to revision 881!
- No more screeching audio from ambient sounds, yikes!
- NPCs will not teleport or move when switching regions anymore.
- The new client has increased performance, and will run at lower memory settings than the previous.
- All icons, primarily: HCIM, ironman, Co-Owner, Owner, and Developer, have been reworked.
[+] Core changes
- The server architecture is now spread out across multiple servers.
- There are two gameserver VPSs, to ensure if one has any major issues, another is immediately accessible.
- The new client will automatically switch to the secondary server upon major server interruption that cannot be fixed with a restart.
- The webserver now has its own dedicated server, and its primary VPS is still being configured.
- In total, we now have 3 dedicated servers, running 6-8 VPSs, all with independent 10gbps lines and a whopping total of 160GB of ram!
[+] Full dungeoneering
- True random room generation, with all existing configurations and functional puzzles.
- All skilling activity inside Daemonheim is accessible.
- All dungeoneering bosses and enemies are added, including rare slayer monsters.
- Chaotic Spear and Spikes added to the dungeoneering shop, now functional
- Chaotic Remnant now allows you to make the Arcane Stream, Brawler's Knockout, and Farsight necklaces (you can attach a blood necklace shard to these)
- The dungeoneering pet can be purchased for a million tokens.
- Meilyr potion recipes are now obtainable through dungeoneering.
- All dungeoneering journals can be obtained in the current system.
- Obviously much more, this is the full dungeoneering system!
[+] Barrows system revamp
- Now all 6 brothers and 2 sisters are accessible! Including Linza and Akrisae (Akrisae is currently disabled, temporarily, for maintenance)
- This means it is now much easier to receive a corruption sigil!
[+] New world events
- WildyWyrms were releasing into the game! They're a boss version of Lava Strykewyrms located in the wilderness.
- Administrators can control WildyWyrms with a control panel, making for interesting community events.
- The evil trees world event is now accessible! It's great group XP for farming, woodcutting, and firemaking! (all nulls should be ironed out)
[+] Additional content
- Skilling pets are now accessible; when you gain XP in a certain skill, you have a chance of receiving a pet! http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Skilling_pets - Camel warriors and ripper demons have been re-enabled! Crystal shapeshifters and Acheron Mammoths will release after small bugfixes.
- Rune dragons have had a QoL fix and a teleport added to the training teleports.
- The Grand Exchange data system has been re-written to make sure we never have an item-loss incident again related to the GE.
- A large number of bug fixes, small content additions, and QoL changes - I wish I could remember them all!
Bug Fix Patch/es
[+] Bug Fixes
- Tormented demons now drop dragon limbs.
- WildyWyrm spawn locations are now multi.
- Bonfires now require 5 logs again.
- Dungeoneering fire blast now requires fire runes instead of earth runes. - Dungeoneering smuggles patched (several, better left unannounced).
- Grand exchange dupes, bugs/issues patched.
- Divination level-up black screen patched.
- Evil tree nulls patched.
- Player port's portal now locks the player to avoid smuggles and bugs.
- Most items that were missing bonuses now have them.
- Clicks are now accurate, you no longer randomly stop running, nor will you randomly stop combat as you used to.
- Dungeoneering deadlock patched with construction.
- You can now combine blood necklace shard with brawler's necklace and farsight sniper necklace.
- Crystal and triskelion chest loots are now always noted, if applicable.
- Plane-freezer has been patched, you no longer freeze up whilst slipping.
- Incorrect announcement messages removed.
- All dungeoneering items (wands, shields, knives etc) now have bonuses.
- Crystal shapeshifters are now at their spawn location.
[+] Changes to existing content - Noticeboard now displays remaining divination experience until next level.
- Ring of Kinship is now put into players' inventory instead of automatically equipped upon leaving.
- Crystal triskelion elite clue chance lowered to 25% rather than 100%.
- A bunch of new cosmetic items released on the Squeal offortune. - New Gorajan Trailblazer outfit available from the Squeal of Fortune.
- Dungeoneering pet's chance has been lowered to 5000 from 10000, buying experience through tokens no longer gives you a chance at the pet.
- WildyWyrm requirement has been moved over to trimmed completionist's cape from regular, the requirement only remains for non-HC ironmen (HCI don't need to do it)
- Having obtained enhanced fire cape is now a trimmed completionist's cape requirement.
[+] Trailblazer effects (Full set of one kind, don't need to be active nor wielding, just need to unlock all): [-] Non-warped effects (One unique set): -5% experience in any action performed within Daemonheim, including -combat.
-5% floor experience rise in at the completion of a floor.
-5% lower chance ofskilling nodes depleting in Daemonheim.
-Plane-freezerlakhrahnaz's room will no longer make players who're -wearing any of the sets slip. [-] Warped effects (full set of four combined): -7% experience in any action performed within Daemonheim, including -combat.
-7% floor experience rise in at the completion of a floor.
-7% lower chance ofskilling nodes depleting in Daemonheim.
-Plane-freezerlakhrahnaz's room will no longer make players who're -wearing the set slip.
-Increased chance of finding a slayer creature within Daemonheim.
-Ability to skip a puzzle once per floor per team.