Sign in to follow this  
Kieran

Minigamitus

Kieran    186

Minigamitus - A lack of ingenious customized ideas linked to minigames to make them more interesting and appealing to your community.

We're suffering extremely badly from it; 

I believe having a custom mini-game here would definitely sprite some more interest here in general. I've always like the thought of a mildly customized mini, where it's driven by community driven suggestions. For example:

Rather than castle-wars being where it is, we use the area for something different - Killing and tracking of NPC's in this area for tickets/points to be spent in the mini-game shop where the rewards are changed to resort the needs of whatever it is we are lacking in. (potential ironmen/hciron attributes) Or just for the fun and something extra for the community to do.

I do think some customization within an RSPS brings unique qualities and a more personal level of involvement then having a lot of original content replicating the actual game. YES I know that it is a replication but I believe these sorts of things can bring a lot of new players.

Now I am asking you all that have taken the time to read this to think hard about some ideas you believe to be worth a suggest here. They can be deliberated amongst other members of the community and staff to work out the finer detailing and ways this could work, maybe how we could use this construct for the minigames we have already.

The idea I gave you above was merely something I had seen years ago that seemed to work.

Thanks for reading, look forward to seeing these replies. 

Jesse    19

I'd love to see some skilling based minigames, and I don't mean training methods like arts. workshop, I mean troll invasion skilling method-like.

I think it would honestly be fun to see some of the smaller minigames be in the server like vinesweeper, Sorceress's Garden and maybe a somewhat bigger minigame, but a community favorite I'm sure, Stealing Creation

Obviously they don't have to be these exact minigames, but I'd just love to see some skilling minigames rather than the standart pvm/pvp minigames you'd see on every server.

Edited by Fat Bastard

W0w    10

I always liked the idea of custom minigames. I played a server once were we had a zombie survival minigame, where you and a team had to survive multiple waves of zombies, and with each wave they get stronger until you encounter the boss. The rewards could be cosmetic items or XP or skilling items, teams would create strategies for waves and learn how to get the highest waves to compete in high scores. I would love to see it ingame

Loure    86

we need players of ataraxia to start hosting minigame events. but the fact no one really comes, it hurts the server due to the fact there isn't fun. I may request giving minigames better rewards then.

heard you like my signature so yw @Kieran

Feed My Ego    143

Requirement or  Reward - These 2 things basically define mini games we currently have.

The activity of classic rs mini games (pc/sw/cw) can only be increased when the Rewards are adjusted accordingly, so people wanting to spend time on these mini games for quite a few hours are gaining something in terms of say an item or cosmetic or title but yet again these limit the activity as most rewards just take few hours tops cause of mini gamer perk. The only way i see is by adding items which are used frequently like 'Death Touched Dart', something like bonus attack damage for 1 hr (melee/range/mage) etc. Basically what am trying to say is, they have to be some kind of consumable so people will always try to keep getting em to use or sell.

Another obvious addition would be Custom mini games, i've been on servers where people who hardly play just came on to do those daily mini games, we need something like that to bring the community together.

Like @Fat Bastard mentioned, Stealing Creation would definitely be one of those classic rs team mini game and considering the rewards, who wouldn't want some extra xp while skilling? xD

Edited by Feed My Ego

crypsis    5

Maybe an option is the minigame in osrs which called last man standing. If its possible to make a custom minigame with the same content.

The last man standing gets like 10 point. Second 5 and third 3 and top fifth and fourth place get 1 point.

Rewards could be different. From skilling supplies to working gear as vanguard, battle-mage and trickster. Maybe even hard or elite clues. 

I would really love to play this ingame. This link will show you how the minigame works in osrs.

http://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Last_Man_Standing 

Let me know what you guys think about it. 

Edited by crypsis

Nobuyuki    43

I would love to see some custom minigames like the things that have been pointed out above. Zombie survival etc, support this 110%!

Jesse    19
12 hours ago, crypsis said:

Maybe an option is the minigame in osrs which called last man standing. If its possible to make a custom minigame with the same content.

The last man standing gets like 10 point. Second 5 and third 3 and top fifth and fourth place get 1 point.

Rewards could be different. From skilling supplies to working gear as vanguard, battle-mage and trickster. Maybe even hard or elite clues. 

I would really love to play this ingame. This link will show you how the minigame works in osrs.

http://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Last_Man_Standing 

Let me know what you guys think about it. 

Thing with last man standing, even in osrs, with a massive player base, it was dead content from like a week after release, and I don't see it being any different here.

I understand that it is a fun minigame but people just don't play it, from my experience even in the world they made specifically for it it's dead.

Edited by Fat Bastard

Node    40
5 hours ago, Fat Bastard said:

Thing with last man standing, even in osrs, with a massive player base, it was dead content from like a week after release, and I don't see it being any different here.

I understand that it is a fun minigame but people just don't play it, from my experience even in the world they made specifically for it it's dead.

We aren't OSRS.

Jesse    19
7 hours ago, Node said:

We aren't OSRS.

I agree but you have to understand that a pvp based minigame which isn't doing well in a pvp active version of the game with a massive player base doesn't stand too well with a server which hardly has pkers lets be fair.

I'd love to see it if it was an easy patch and you could just copy paste the code

But as you stated we're not osrs so I would assume it'd have to be coded from the ground up, which would be a lot of work, and I would rather not see time being wasted on a minigame that I could almost guarantee will be dead content.

crypsis    5

if its not to hard to code this ingame, I think this could be a great minigame. People dont pvp because they dont want to lose items. With this minigame people can pvp, play a minigame and earn some great rewards. But perhaps it fails. Anyways I would play it a lot.

Vash    5

I like some of the ideas here but personally, I have zero interest in anything at all pvp based.  One of many reasons why I enjoy this server, it's more pvm/skilling based.  The server already has some pvp mini games and those are dead.  People don't come here for the pvp, outside of 2 people and they've been nothing but problems since joining.  Personally not really wanting more of that type of player here.   I would love to see something that offers exp/supplies that are helpful to ironmen/Hardcore irons.

I know that Soul Wars does but it stays dead too.   It's kind of hard to pull players away from non-stop x2 exp all weekend to do mini games during also.  Would be nice to see mini game events held during the week days as well, when the wells are on and off and players have a little free time away from skilling allowing for bigger turn outs.   I've also seen a drop in anyone hosting weekend mini game events, regardless of double points. 

Edited by Vash

Flex    4
On 8/21/2017 at 12:07 AM, W0w said:

I always liked the idea of custom minigames. I played a server once were we had a zombie survival minigame, where you and a team had to survive multiple waves of zombies, and with each wave they get stronger until you encounter the boss. The rewards could be cosmetic items or XP or skilling items, teams would create strategies for waves and learn how to get the highest waves to compete in high scores. I would love to see it ingame

HOLY SHIT - I can't believe I forgot about this mini-game --- I also played that server, please pm the name of it so I can re-live the nostalgic good times in my mind.
+100 For this to be added in-game!
I would absolutely love Zombie Invasion added into Ataraxia!!
Would definitely keep me more interested in the server!