Acaraje

Do we need a Brazlian support?

Acaraje    59

This question is directed to everyone

Reason i ask this is because it's getting more common people asking me to apply, no only for a regular support rank, but especially to help Brazilian players who can't speak english at all.

I would like to apply, and of course i would have to change the way i play the game, because at this moment 90% of the time i'm either bossing or talking to my closest friends in-game. Being a support player, i would spend most of my time helping the players. However, there's a problem: my ingame activity. Though i have close to 1k hours playtime, currently i'm only playing like 2 hours a day on weekdays, and average 5h a day on weekends. So, i would not help as much as a regular support, but at least we could do more to help those who have a hard time trying to communicate with staff.

Usually i log in at 7pm or 8 pm (GMT -3) on weekdays.

Plus, i'm very active on forums, i may not reply on most threads, but i'm always watching, and i could answer most pms quickly. 

This thread is not an application (though it may work as one), i really just want to know what you guys think about it, if i should give it i try, or even someone else who knows how to speak english.

Edit: Fun fact. After I decided to make a Brazilian clan, i realized that at least 20% of the player base is BR.

Edited by meu ovo

Flaik    4

Having only just recently joined little over a week and a half ago, I don't feel like I'm entitled to have much of an opinion on this matter simply due to how little I know about the server so far. However, I can only speak from experience playing with BR's because before I joined this community I was part of a large alliance in the game Riders Of Icarus that was mostly made up of BR players.

BR's are honestly really fun to play with, a lot of the ones I met are super funny and relatively cool and chill people to be around. The only big issue is the language barrier. Sadly, I don't know Portuguese all I know how to do is throw words into Google Translate and do my best to understand. It is a big benefit when you have someone who can speak both English and Portuguese and the alliance leader from Riders Of Icarus was one such person. He recruited me into their alliance despite me only knowing English because he knew he could keep a good balance there. Sure enough the alliance prospered with both BR's and English-only speaking individuals thanks to a leader who did his best to maintain a healthy relationship between both.

How it relates to this matter I see no harm in it. Having someone on the support side of things who can help these BR players get more adapted and have an easier time playing with someone who can understand them. Although like you said the amount of time you play can be an issue, from my perspective this is a good idea as it can help not only the Brazilian players but other players maintain a friendly enjoyable atmosphere.

• Like 1

Hot Milo    167

I agree. It would be very, very useful to have a staff member who is BR. 

However, that person needs to be extremely fluent in English. The reason being is that you still need to communicate with us, the staff team, and the other 80% of players who are fully English speaking. And you'd need to communicate with us without being lost/ not understand. If you can manage that then I see no problems with you deciding to make an application. :)

• Like 1

Mr Playlist    2

There really isn't much else to say on the matter as Milo covered most of it. All I'd like to add is as long as being Brazilian/speaking Portuguese isn't the only reason you're deemed qualified to be a staff member, I'm all for it. Like Flaik mentioned, I've been with the community for a very, very short amount of time (quite literally joined yesterday) so I'm unsure of how much what I have to say matters, but I still like to voice my opinion :) 

• Like 1

Loure    87

You don't need a support rank to help out players. Just be there for them, just follow the rules and keep it English in fc, if anyone needs help and speak Portuguese better than English, then do so but in private messages. 

Acaraje    59
2 hours ago, Loure said:

You don't need a support rank to help out players. Just be there for them, just follow the rules and keep it English in fc, if anyone needs help and speak Portuguese better than English, then do so but in private messages. 

There's a big difference betwen regular and support players when it comes to helping people. Being a regular player you can answer questions and that's all. There are moments when players have questions/need help with more serious stuff, and they will look for staff because they can be trusted 100%, and that's one of the benefits that come with the rank, for those who want to help. You can also be "tickted", which is very handy.

NO one will be on fc like "if u need help pm me". Only people who do that are those who want more chances to be accepted like 1 week or so before applying,

I know that i don't need a rank to help people, and i already do that, but if i decide to apply and get accepted, i will change the way i interact with people, to a more professional way, give more attention to them, etc. It's not like i disrespect players or ignore them, you know what i mean,

TL:DR you can (not will) help much more just for having a support rank. Other than that, it's all about your intentions.

Nobuyuki    43

My opinion is short and straight to the point; Go for it! Make your application and we'll see from there.

Edited by Nobuyuki
Fat fingers on a phone..
  • Like 1