Sign in to follow this  
Node

Content - What would you like to see?

Node    45

Hey everyone,

So I'm creating this thread to open up a place for you guys to suggest content you would like to see after Kris has finished the Slayer rework. I would like to say that we have recently seen a small downfall in feedback since the previous update, however this has since calmed down and people seem to be adjusting well. So there are just 2 rules here which I suggest be followed otherwise you will be infracted, I will be moderating this thread very closely. 

- Do not post sarcastic comments related to the previous update, we recognise it caused some upset behaviour between individuals but the Staff have read most of your opinions and Kris has even made a thread regarding the combat.
- Keep the suggestions reasonable, most things can be done but things like Invention cannot be added and Ports cannot be reworked.

Respect these rules & the forums rules and this should go smoothly. Kris will also be reading this thread himself, so let's hear it. I look forward to hearing what you guys have to suggest! :D

Side note (Quote by Kris):

Menaphos is something Cjay/Noele/The staff will be working on. This thread itself is basically dedicated to me, as I requested it. Just looking to see what people are wanting in the game after I finish Slayer rework - whatever you're suggesting will be done by me if it gets a lot of votes.

rylie    1

I'd like to see the ability to power orbs for crafting implemented. I think that would be easier and a faster way for crafting.

• Like 1

Uzi    12

I would like to see Menaphos filled with it's features such as the Menaphos slayer and all of the districts! That would be a pretty sweet addition imo. I know we have Menaphos currently, but it is just there.

• Like 1

Node    45
18 minutes ago, Loure said:

i'd like to order a spirit hunter walk/run animation override pls, no mayonnaise. 

Nice format LOL

Loure    87
35 minutes ago, Uzi said:

I would like to see Menaphos filled with it's features such as the Menaphos slayer and all of the districts! That would be a pretty sweet addition imo. I know we have Menaphos currently, but it is just there.

I did see cjay spoil something when you weren't online. He mentioned Menaphos turning into our new home, so it's gotta have it's features with that bundle!

Kris    122
8 minutes ago, Loure said:

I did see cjay spoil something when you weren't online. He mentioned Menaphos turning into our new home, so it's gotta have it's features with that bundle!

Menaphos is something Cjay/Noele/The staff will be working on. This thread itself is basically dedicated to me, as I requested it. Just looking to see what people are wanting in the game after I finish Slayer rework - whatever you're suggesting will be done by me if it gets a lot of votes.

• Like 1

Soren    35

Invention so I can sell my incandes energy and make bank, and a side of fries. Also if the ice cream machine is working I'd like a McFlurry with oeros

Kris    122
46 minutes ago, Soren said:

Invention so I can sell my incandes energy and make bank, and a side of fries. Also if the ice cream machine is working I'd like a McFlurry with oeros

It's stated in the main post that it can't be done by me. Reason is below.

6 hours ago, Nobuyuki said:

I would love to see the rs3 interface and everything that comes with it, not the abilities.

RS3 interfaces simply can't be added. They take countless hours to do (speaking of just one) and you need appropriate tools for it which also take a long time to write. We're pretty much stuck with RS2 - only some simple ones can be added.

Acaraje    59
11 minutes ago, Bart said:

I would love to see bob the decanter in-game, saves a lot of time. 

It's on member zone. Maybe in priffdians aswell

Vash    5

I'm aware that something below may just be in the works but this is what I'd like to see. 

I'd love to see an Agility re-work.  I'm aware that it'll always be a grind but more course options to break up the monotonous feel of the skill sure would be great.  Having to stick to Barb course and receive little experience or risk going to the wilderness right now for HCI's is a huge inconvenience. Without the priff perk or the 2,250 total level, level 52 - 85 is a huge gap and tough, especially for individuals that wish to remain lvl 3 combat. 

I'd like to see something done about mini-games to make them more appealing.  The only one that get's the slightest bit of activity is Pest Control and you have to be on during the random spur of the moment gatherings in which a staff member host.  I'm usually not on during most of these personally and I'm certain that others have the same issue.  I see normal players trying to host Pest Control events, only to have no one to show up and they get frustrated and leave.   There's mini-games that are very useful to iron's like myself (Soul Wars) and no one does them, everyone is too preoccupied during x2 exp weekends to even bother with mini-games. 

Goldsmithing gauntlets -  I'd love to see these added but given the ability to give crafting experience, instead of smithing experience while smelting gold ores/silver ores.  Both ore's right now are not that widely used by players, would make the ores worth mining/purchasing.   The experience of course based on whatever you thought was fair.  These would come in very handy for Irons, HCI's and anyone else with lower exp rates.   

Tiger Sharks - Would like to see these added.  Again more options while skilling to break up the monotony is never a bad thing and these are pretty useful.

Elder trees - Added/fixed and the ability to fletch Elder short bow and shield bows.  Breaks up the tediousness of two skills. 

Evil tree - Much like the fallen star, giving similar rewards, to more skilling focused rewards (Better rewards based on the type of tree that spawns) and the ability to obtain a supply cache after say 200 evil bark are obtained.   To break it up some, you could make the "evil bark" correspond to the type of Evil tree that randomly spawns. (Normal to Elder), which would allow for these to happen slightly more often than the star but keep supply caches from being too easy to obtain. 

Edited by Vash
  • Like 3

Swish    154

Pet thresholds.

Shrimpy.

Enhanced excalibur.

Yes, I'm consistent.

Edited by Swish
  • Like 3

Nunu    7

Add more teleports under farming in the skilling teleports (to herb/allotment/tree/fruit tree)

Add supercompost to farming shop in prif or at home

Fix "cook at bonfire" option at dz (cannot cook on bonfire with right click option, must use fish on fire)

Fix summoning obelisk at pz (doesn't work)

Remove pest control requirement from trimmed completionist cape (never made sense)

Add the option to turn your account from a non-ironman gamemode to an ironman (with bank reset?) (hc or regular) 

Fix the giant lag spikes

Remove options over other people's familiars/pets

Add a timer to the well so people can see how many minutes of dxp is left

Will try my best to update this if I find any more stuff.

Edited by Nunu

Uzi    12

I would love love love to see Warbands. I believe this would be a great addition to the server.

Edited by Uzi

Feed My Ego    146

The server is doing great in terms of finesse, especially the new bosses added are just top-notch. With all this amazing staff team, i think it's time to make the server define itself not just by 'Rots' or 'Araxxor' rather from the get go.

Me personally who plays for 10-15+ hrs everyday (not atm but generally) ask myself why should i play or do stuffs after a certain point? 'cause loots from bosses aren't the only defining factor at least for players who spend over an year here, basically to say who have achieved and tried all aspects of the game.

Now coming to the point, I would say add a Point based system for bosses killed and a store to spend em but not sure if that's possible now.

Next are Achievements / Task System, again if this merely is the same as Comp t then it wouldn't do any good, basically would just add to the boredom. They need to be unique, they need to challenging, they should be such that everyone is able to participate i.e, Easy, Medium, Hard and maybe even Elite achievements.

Apart from these, 'Daily tasks' would further test a player, making him to do something which is unexpected and exciting, again difficulty sorted by levels or number of achievements completed.

All these again would boil down to whether the rewards are appealing or just players doing these content till they get those 'shiny' 1 or 2 items and stop.

The store definitely needs a revamp, like i've stressed whenever possible, we need more consumable rewards and not item based. Example: Add something like a token which would give 2x for 10 minutes for combat, another one for skilling, people vote-use and re-vote to get em. Items would just make people stop after a point unless they have a market value.

Dwarf multi cannon and its inclusion w/ Slayer - Again i can't stress enough how it would impact Pvm and Skillers. This probably is one of the must have things which would help the players improve their clearing speed / efficiency while Pvming.

Pvm Hiscores? - Top 5-10 players who have the most kills in that boss.

Reaper Hiscores? - Top 5-10 players who have the most kills while on reaper tasks and Contracts completed.

More pvp inclusion would definitely help the server.

Dreadnips?

The stats revamp was a good move, didn't get a chance to check it due to some technical issues i was having but we definitely needed that.

Overall all am saying is there are very few or probably close to none who provide such finesse, the server would look much better if we offer more daily content and rewards which are not just item based so players have something to do everyday and for a long run.

Edited by Feed My Ego
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Loure    87
1 hour ago, Feed My Ego said:

The server is doing great in terms finesse, especially in terms of the new bosses added is just top-notch. With all this amazing staff team, i think it's time to make the server define itself not just by 'Rots' or 'Araxxor' rather from the get go.

Me personally who plays for 10-15+ hrs everyday (not atm but generally) ask myself why should i play or do stuffs after a certain point? 'cause loots from bosses aren't the only defining factor at least for players who spend over an year here, basically to say who have achieved and tried all aspects of the game.

Now coming to the point, I would say add a Point based system for bosses killed and a store to spend em but not sure if that's possible now.

Next are Achievements / Task System, again if this merely is the same as Comp t then it wouldn't do any good, basically would just add to the boredom. They need to be unique, they need to challenging, they should be such that everyone is able to participate i.e, Easy, Medium, Hard and maybe even Elite achievements.

Apart from these, 'Daily tasks' would further test a player, making him to do something which is unexpected and exciting, again difficulty sorted by levels or number of achievements completed.

All these again would boil down to whether the rewards are appealing or just players doing these content till they get those 'shiny' 1 or 2 items and stop.

The store definitely needs a revamp, like i've stressed whenever possible, we need more consumable rewards and not item based. Example: Add something like a token which would give 2x for 10 minutes for combat, another one for skilling, people vote-use and re-vote to get em. Items would just make people stop after a point unless they have a market value.

Dwarf multi cannon and Slayer - These 2 things are really essential, again i can't stress enough how it would impact Pvm and Skillers.

Reaper Hiscores? - Top 5-10 players who have the most kills while on reaper tasks and Contracts completed.

Dreadnips?

The stats revamp was a good move, didn't get a chance to check it due to come technical issues i was having but we definitely needed that.

Overall all am saying is there are very few or probably close to none who provide such finesse, the server would look much better if we offer more daily content and rewards which are not just item based so players have something to do everyday and for a long run.

I love this suggestion ego, and i would really enjoy Hiscore pvm!! all of this is true and i can agree on very much! not only top pvm kills etc, it should be a daily/weekly/monthly hiscore for this.

Edited by Loure
  • Upvote 1

Hot Milo    167
3 hours ago, Feed My Ego said:

The server is doing great in terms finesse, especially in terms of the new bosses added is just top-notch. With all this amazing staff team, i think it's time to make the server define itself not just by 'Rots' or 'Araxxor' rather from the get go.

Dwarf multi cannon and Slayer - These 2 things are really essential, again i can't stress enough how it would impact Pvm and Skillers.

Dreadnips?

The stats revamp was a good move, didn't get a chance to check it due to come technical issues i was having but we definitely needed that.

This.

This is what would make Ataraxia even better. Give it it's own personality.

Acaraje    59

I know i will sound annoying, but what's the point of this thread since we have a suggestions page already?

Edited by Acaraje

Kris    122
3 hours ago, Acaraje said:

I know i will sound annoying, but what's the point of this thread since we have a suggestions page already?

To figure out what's the most anticipated large-scale update by players. I don't want to work on stuff that will end up being completely neglected shortly afterwards; I have no ways to filter the suggestions and most of them are actually small-scale ones, or simply not doable by me (either requiring client work or something else..)

• Like 1

Acaraje    59
13 hours ago, Kris said:

To figure out what's the most anticipated large-scale update by players. I don't want to work on stuff that will end up being completely neglected shortly afterwards; I have no ways to filter the suggestions and most of them are actually small-scale ones, or simply not doable by me (either requiring client work or something else..)

Most stuff i want are small-scale like you said, but i'm waiting like forever for them:

- Reaper hood decent bonuses

- Reaper scythe especial effect being worth it using

- Reaper tasks expansion (haar aken, vorago etc)

- Way to make summoning flasks (they are very helpful for skilled pvmers)

- More pvp related updates

Overpowered    10

Updates nice for iron man and hardcore iron man.

- Adding bank placeholders. Like osrs, when you take an item out that you only have one of it fades and says 0.

- Add blood altar to the members zone.

- Add chocolate to the rfd chest like in real rs. I can't think of any other way to obtain chocolate dust.

- Not just a nice update for iron mans but for everyone, adding the "Thaler" system, the points you obtain by participating in various minigames used to buy a variety of items such as Silverhawk Boots. I think that would be pretty cool.

- Another nice update for everyone, shift click to drop items, or dragging it out of your inventory. Both osrs and rs3 have one of these features and it makes gameplay much smoother.

Edited by Overpowered
  • Like 1