Sign in to follow this  
Jaedmo

Jaedmo's Update

Jaedmo    645

Hey everyone. I didn't think I'd ever be making one of these. But just to make it clear first off, this isn't a Farewell.

I'm not leaving. I didn't want to crowd the announcements/staff updates with the thread. And this was the next best place to do it. 

First off, I made this video that you can watch if you want the spoken version of my resignation/reasoning. It's 42 minutes long so I don't blame you, but it fully explains the story of why. It's a lot more in-depth than this so I'd recommend that over this

I tend to ramble on, so I apologise in advance.

I first started Edelar/Ataraxia in July last year. I was bored at Uni, just starting a new degree and decided to play an RSPS as it had been over a year since I last played/looked for one. When I started, I wanted staff. Instantly. I have an issue, well not an issue, but I just love being staff. It gives me power and allows me to be in control of something. Sounds sad, but yeah. 

It took me 2 weeks to get Forum Moderator, I loved forums, I had a pretty pink crown. Two weeks later I got Global. I maintained that rank for a while. The old owner of Ataraxia/Edelar was a terrible boss to have. He gave me the first payment I have received from playing RSPS. This made me realise I can make money from doing what I love. At this time I was running the staff team from Global Moderator and pretty much acted as an Admin. This went on for about 3 months. Now, the old owner had a bit of a problem. He delved into the alcohol a bit too much.

When he got drunk, he'd demote his staff. Me included. It happened about 5 times all up. It was a stressful experience for me personally. As I'd get paid on the 2nd of every month, the entire month i'd be worried about getting demoted just before I was meant to get paid and then lose everything. All of the effort I put in over that month would be pointless. I was in it for the money 100%. I wouldn't have been able to tolerate it otherwise. 

It all ended one day when I asked him if he was going to get Platinum that season in League of Legends. He took this as me saying i'm more interested in league of legends rather than Edelar. One thing led to another, I knew he was going to demote me, so I told him to just get it over with and demote me already. So he did. And he didn't wake up the next morning and undo it that time.

At this point, I was lost, I had no idea what I was going to do. I was pretty much ready to just turn it in, this was the only thing I had that I could justify, just being around. 

Noele then invited me to join Ataraxia as a Global. Once again, watch the video, I go a lot more in-depth. 

I thought i was going to come on as Admin, but I didn't. Fuck I really hate typing so i'm going to skip a bunch.

Tl;dr

Forum Mod > Global Mod > Global Mod (better owner) (thought I deserved Admin) > Administrator (got it by being active and doing YouTube) > Co-Owner (Clumsy had to leave, I replaced) > Now Ex-Staff

The reasoning behind this is. After playing for over 3,000 hours, you tend to lose motivation. I used to love being the person everyone came to, the person everyone wanted to suck up to. The person that could answer every question they had. I loved getting messaged by people. But now, and for the past month, I've absolutely hated it. I cannot stand being messaged for help, and It's gotten to the point where I ignore people. And I fucking hated Owners/Co-Owners/Staff that did that to me. I don't want to be that person anymore.

I always told the staff that I managed if it gets to a point where you don't want to log on or logging on is a chore, or you only log on if it's 100% necessary, you shouldn't be staff. I've reached that point, so for the past month, I've been planning my resignation. I wanted to leave at a good time, but I kinda fucked that up. 

I wanted to ensure that when I leave, Ataraxia will still be successful. It sounds egotistical thinking that Ataraxia can't survive without me. But I didn't want to leave and then people think that I'm leaving just because the server isn't succeeding at the moment. Ataraxia will succeed with the proper effort of the Development team and Noele, I have no doubt in my mind about their ability. 

• Node, you came in at a great time in the server and managed to make yourself known almost instantly, it was incredible, you are incredible.
  • Kris, your development for the server was amazing, you gave Ataraxia so much content that was the main cause of our success. You leaving will definitely leave a void. P.S You're a cunt
  • Clumsy, You were the best, you believed in me, I don't think i would have ever got so far into Ataraxia without you pushing me along. Thanks for everything, and i miss you.
  • Ryan, fuck you piss me off. You were a damn good admin though, It sucks you left and the way you left wasn't ideal. And it's made me annoyed for a very long time. But it doesn't take away from the fact
  • that you earned admin and a great companion to have to talk to and play GTA with.
  • Rahoc, Similarly to Ryan you were a great friend to have. It was nice just bitching about things with you, kept me sane for a long time. I'm sure we'll talk a lot more in the future.
  • Keenan, Thanks for being there so i can bitch. You've been probably my closest mate on this so thanks a lot. P.S Surprised you kept this secret for so long.
  • Chris/Cook, Fuck you annoy me, but I've known you for too long to let it effect how i think about you. Ty for sticking with Ataraxia and being a great mod (most of the time).
  • Snix, you've been mod for too long. Surprised you've stuck around so consistently.

Don't feel bad if you haven't been mentioned. It doesn't mean anything bad. 
Everybody who has played Ataraxia deserves special thanks because you've given me something to do for a year. And I loved it.

And obviously, I couldn't forget the person that has given me purpose and helped me out of so many things. The person that gave us all something to do.
The person that has been there for a year consistently providing everybody with an amazing server and insane dedication. Obviously, it's Noele. It's 
the type of thing that cannot be put into words. But Noele you've done more for me than anyone has my entire life. (except my parents). 

So this is the end of me being Co-Owner. It's been a great year, and I thank everyone for having me. Over this year i've amassed: 3,200 hours, 661 Post-Count, 626 Reputation (please help me get more rep than posts). I've tried so hard and I hope that everyone enjoys their future on Ataraxia. It was one of the best years of my life. And a great experience to have, giving me a job for a year and a place to escape the horrible reality which is life.

Thanks for everything.

If you have any questions, watch the video or just send me a question via pm or here.

Thanks for giving me a great year and practically being a second family.

Jaedmo

• Like 5
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Noele    397

While we are certainly more than sad to see Jaedmo step down from his position as co-owner, we are ambitious to soon fill the role of community manager with a fresh outlook and direction for the server. We are excited to see what comes with our shift in management and we are extremely hopeful to find someone as great as Jaedmo.

I personally will miss James more than anyone can imagine, and there are no words I could post here to describe the unbelievable amount of time and effort you've put into making this place what it is today (or how it makes me feel). When we first met, we were mortal enemies; I did not see the transition coming or what blossomed from it. Our work was always exciting, and I've grown tremendously as a person from knowing you. This journey we took in partnership of Ataraxia was literally magical; it will define my years in RSPS to come, and granted me a friend I will never forget.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Ely Sia N    57

I really haven't ever gotten along with you very much, but I did understand you had a pretty large roll to fill in the server. You leaving definitely leaves a massive gap that is going to be difficult to replace. Thank you for what you've done for the server over the time that you've been here.

• Upvote 1

Node    45
12 minutes ago, Noele said:

While we are certainly more than sad to see Jaedmo step down from his position as co-owner, we are ambitious to soon fill the role of community manager with a fresh outlook and direction for the server. We are excited to see what comes with our shift in management and we are extremely hopeful to find someone as great as Jaedmo.

I personally will miss James more than anyone can imagine, and there are no words I could post here to describe the unbelievable amount of time and effort you've put into making this place what it is today (or how it makes me feel). When we first met, we were mortal enemies; I did not see the transition coming or what blossomed from it. Our work was always exciting, and I've grown tremendously as a person from knowing you. This journey we took in partnership of Ataraxia was literally magical; it will define my years in RSPS to come, and granted me a friend I will never forget.

For real, something that isn't great but it's something that gives an opportunity to us all for a new direction. James taught me everything I needed to know here when I first joined, he was like my daddy B-) and now he's leaving (typical). Absolutely had me in tears at some point with the way you rinse people, James and a whole lot more, gonna miss those Staff Meetings with you. I can understand your reasoning and I don't think there's anything wrong with it. We all have lives to fulfil and you can't expect to solely fulfil it with RSPS ESPECIALLY with the amount of hours you have devoted. I guess it's different for people like me since we can find shit to do with the servers and always keep our minds busy whereas you were performing repetitive tasks a lot. I can see it becoming unbecoming. Sad to see you go though mate, truly an icon for everyone here. Luv u longtime ma bb<3

• Like 2

Clumsy    170

You have been such an outstanding manager for this community, but you've also been an amazing role model for the community and staff as well. I never could of imagined you stepping down, but as life continues; hobbies alongside certain circumstances change. You and I have shared countless laughs and soooo many long nights up being weird with one another in attempt to get to the bottom of some unspoken things... Nonetheless, I'm very thankful for you Jaedmo. Without your effort into the server, Ataraxia wouldn't be at the state is has grown to be to today.  I will miss you being a part of this community soooo much, and I hope you never wander too far.  Keep those sexy 6 pack pictures coming on Facebook, and never fall out of touch. Continue to be that organized, timely, and ambitious person you are in real life! 

I wish you the best with any new adventure you take on!!

Take care Jameseypoo :D

Edited by Clumsy
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

quantum08    6

We never really talked in game but once in a while we just talk random shit on discord like this ;)

eb9472ff42934602f2c9adab2f011fe4.png

But anyways i'm sure we gonna talk a lot in the better discord channel hue!

2865ffa47ba28e10cc2cefb616dcac8e.png

• Upvote 1

Kieran    195
7 hours ago, Jaedmo said:

I tend to ramble on, so I apologise in advance.

Watched the whole video, you're telling me! Obviously a farewell this is not, So cya around Jaedsaks Been a pleasure to work with you on occasions during my staff time, nice geezer shite accent

Aeso    52

Thanks for giving me a chance at support in the past, glad to have had you as my co-owner.

Take care in life jam

Swish    154

I think you've come away since I was on the staff team with you on Edelar.

Thank you for everything <3 

P.S; extra thank you for being as professional as possible in the last 6 months or so, A lot of people have said they disliked how serious you took your role but I really appreciated it.

• Like 2

Feed My Ego    146

I was always fond of your professionalism. Loved how you managed the staff, also how you gave time to hear out what others had to say. Perfect combo of what one would hope to see in a community manager. I've said this before but ye I always tried to be as good as you during my time as staff. 

Your Youtube series was really tremendous. (Didn't really think you would take it so seriously when you started it.)

We hardly spoke, that's probably my bad, socializing isn't my thing. Everyone here really appreciates your dedication towards Ataraxia.

But for real had a good time with you around, goes without saying tbh. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Octave    4

Interesting to hear your take on the Edelar bits. Never knew what you went through. 

Just checking in on the ole' community.

Miss you guys, @Jaedmo, hope to talk at some point. If not, enjoy the break. It's nice to break away sometimes.

• Like 1