Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jaedmo

Ataraxia RSPS - PK Tournament!

Guest Jaedmo   
Guest Jaedmo

new_Header.png

Good morning, afternoon or evening Ataraxia!

This thread brings the announcement of a new year, a new tournament!

First off, I hope you all had a great holiday period with family, friends and us :). I've wanted to do another Player killing tournament since the first one I hosted. The small event a few days ago made this desire even higher. So here we are!

Now.. You're all here for a reason.. THE REWARDS:

prizes_Jademo.png

Rules and Requirements:

• Melee ONLY
  • T70 Armour and T80 weapons, this includes accessories, listed below - NO CORRUPT PVP ARMOUR
  • 3 Brew flasks maximum
  • Every fight is a deathmatch
  • You do not have to be level 138, but it is heavily recommended
  • No summoning familiars
  • No Auras
  • No Pyro boost
  • No Spirit shields
  • No Overloads, super sets only
  • Every fight must have a staff present, this being; Noel, Clumsy, Movee, Rahoc, Myself, Fat Panda, Phippzy, Spooky, Lucario, Feed My Ego, Yahoo, Mapt and Lukee

IF YOU TREAT ANY OF THE COMPETITORS POORLY YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED, this includes; calling them names, calling them retards, sit idiot, sit retard, any talk that makes this event a place for conflict. It will not be accepted. You will be warned and disqualified if you continue.

Disallowed Accessories:

• All saradomin necklaces
  • Glacor boots and upgrades
  • Blood necklace
  • Amulet of Souls
  • Max capes, Comp capes, comp cape (t). Yes, I know you earned them, however we are searching for the best pker, that means all gear must be fair.

Allowed Accessories:

• Amulet of Glory/Fury
  • Kiln cape/Fire Cape
  • Dragon boots

If I have missed something or you would like to talk about these lists, simply private message me on forums, discord or in-game.

Staff members are able to participate regardless of rank. However, they are able to choose to opt out of receiving the rewards.

Which would mean if they come first, the first regular player below will win first's prize.

Entering:

You must private message myself or any staff member to be added to the bracket. The bracket can be found here:

http://challonge.com/AtaraxiaPKTournament

This bracket is not finalised and will be shuffled before the tournament begins.

The Tournament begins on the 10th of January, in which the fights up to the semi-finals will happen.

Any people absent within 48 hours after the 10th will be automatically disqualified. We're wanting this to go fast yet smoothly.

In saying this, the semi finals will begin on the 12th/13th and this means that the final will happen on the 13th/14th.

All fights must be arranged with your opponent and if there are any timezone issues let me know, it is editable.

I probably forgot something so I'll edit this post between now and the final!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Thanks to Rahoc for all the awesome graphics additions!!!

Domi    30

Shit PK tournament, sorry for my opinion,  its not best pker its best lucky guys with high lucky hits, if its not a deathmatch it will be best PKER :)

Guest Jaedmo   
Guest Jaedmo
1 minute ago, Domi said:

Shit PK tournament, sorry for my opinion,  its not best pker its best lucky guys with high lucky hits, if its not a deathmatch it will be best PKER :)

I'm sorry you feel that way. However, I'd have to disagree. 

Pking relies on 'lucky hits', that's how you kill people. Making it a deathmatch just makes it so 1. The tournament doesn't take 10 minutes a fight because they keep banking, 2. People don't run after specing and 3. Deathmatch shows ability to conserve your supplies and hold on to your food, taking risks.

Domi    30
1 minute ago, Jaedmo said:

I'm sorry you feel that way. However, I'd have to disagree. 

Pking relies on 'lucky hits', that's how you kill people. Making it a deathmatch just makes it so 1. The tournament doesn't take 10 minutes a fight because they keep banking, 2. People don't run after specing and 3. Deathmatch shows ability to conserve your supplies and hold on to your food, taking risks.

I wont do a conflict with you , it does nothing anyways, ill be on this event if you accept me to be in.

Guest Jaedmo   
Guest Jaedmo
8 minutes ago, I Play Heaps said:

Perhaps be a little more specific.
I assume you won't permit corrupt PVP gear, (Corrupt Vesta, Corrupt Statius) although it's listed as T20.

It'd be nice to also include that participants should be competing in good spirit, it's not nice to be competing in a tournament when a vast majority of players are on edge, flaming each other because they think they are "the sickest units".

I'll add some rules for the things you mentioned. Good ideas.

Acaraje    60

In my humble opinion, the best pker would be the one who knowS how to tribrid (nh). Melee fights are more likely based on lucky specs.

I know not everyone knows how to tribrid, and doing melee fights only allows the event to have more participants, i'm  just giving my 2 cents here. :)

Edited by meu ovo
  • Upvote 1

RSTyler    99

Attending, would be a fool not to give it a go :D even though I'm shi#% at pvp hahhaha

Goodluck to everybody participating

Tyler, Woc2.

Tubby    156

Bad news Jaedmo. My hard drive crashed earlier today. I've brought it in for repairs but i won't have acces to the server for a few days. It should be back next week Wednesday/Thursday.

If it would be possible to postpone my matches until then that would be great but if it would delay the tournament too much i'd understand me being disqualified.

Goodluck to all 

RSTyler    99
4 hours ago, Tubby/Extubby said:

Bad news Jaedmo. My hard drive crashed earlier today. I've brought it in for repairs but i won't have acces to the server for a few days. It should be back next week Wednesday/Thursday.

If it would be possible to postpone my matches until then that would be great but if it would delay the tournament too much i'd understand me being disqualified.

Goodluck to all 

With the tourney starting on the 10th (tues) Tubby would still have 48hrs from then to do his match?... but maybe allow slight 'dispensation' if he runs over a bit? :P 
so if everybody else does there fights as planned but allow tubby until like.. the 12th AM to do his fight... but then the winner of that fight must do their semi-finals 12th PM?

I feel that for such a long-time member of the server to be left out due to technical errors (no fault of his own) isn't fair :)
I don't know other participants feelings but i know i'd be raging if i missed out. >.<

Tyler, Woc2.

Guest Jaedmo   
Guest Jaedmo

I agree, Woc2. 

It will have to be determined with your opponent, Tubby. However, if you're unavailable to do it for technical reasons we'll try postpone your fight a little bit.

TWO ANNOUNCEMENTS

1. REMEMBER pm me if you want to enter, 2 days left!

2. REMEMBER the rule. 

IF YOU TREAT ANY OF THE COMPETITORS POORLY YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED, this includes; calling them names, calling them retards, sit idiot, sit retard, any talk that makes this event a place for conflict. It will not be accepted. You will be warned and disqualified if you continue.

I am serious about this. This is meant to be a fun event. If you treat people badly, you will be disqualified.