Sign in to follow this  
Noele

Update logs #12

Noele    397

Patch Notes #12 summary:
- New hunter methods have been added -- Grenwalls and Pawyas, with more coming
- Torment and Anguish (melee and range turmoil) have been added
- A couple of annoying bugs were fixed, what bugs aren't annoying?
- There is a new client update and cache, with ESC being able to close interfaces
- A lot of work was done on RotS, and it is looking great, more to come!          

[+] Future Content

- Skillchompas catching has been written, and skilling implementation must be worked on.
    - Helwyr's combat in GWD2has been 
written, and needs some further work.
    - A group system has been implemented for future use in Group PVM / Group Skilling, but will not be implemented in RotS
    - Dynamic map generation and indexing is 100%, with minor changes for compatibility moving forward.
    - The controller is good, though unfinished and will need changes with future combat changes.
    - 14 of the combat effects (the brothers' abilities) have been written, and need work.
    - Some combat attacks, still being worked on

* f7799a94fe.gif
        * a47cc5ae9f.gif
        * d792c7c5b1.gif
        * 5469428634.gif
        * af63dd75db.gif

- Todo:

* Finish combat effects, put together combat, and balance it w/ testers
        * Escape sequence, controller, and optional cutscene are not done.

[+] New content

- Anguish and Torment, the ranged and mage versions of turmoil, have been added! (the stat boosts on the tab won't be accurate, thank Jagex for this! It has been tested, and increases over time aswell)

* These prayers will eventually have more requirements, count on that! Right now, they only require the Augury/Rigour 
    - Divination and Invention icons on the skills tab are close to being finished (some more work is needed,clientscripts are tough, yeah?)
    - The ESC key on your keyboard can close an open interface, and the home button on your keyboard will teleport you home!
    - You can now access an early version of the Gorajo resource dungeon inPriffdinnas.
    -
Pawyas and Grenwalls can now be hunted!

* They both requirebait, unless you have the hunting perk (Pawyas require papayas, and grenwalls require raw pawya meat)
Pawyas and Grenwalls are accessible in Isafdar, and in the Gorajo resource dungeon in Priffdinnas.
    - You can now catch sea turtles and manta rays!
    - Platinum Zone has been added! $250 to enter and it contains a load of helpful skilling areas.

* It's in beta and will require your input on the Suggestions thread.

[+] Changes to existing content

- You can use the :: verbose instead of ;; to do commands.
    - Barrows totems have been added to the barrows common loot table! You will need 1 per player to start RoTs, so 4 for a team.    
    - Random event frequency has been increased, and most randoms (including Fletching / Summoning) will be more common.

* In the future, we'll likely add a way to disable these random event appearances if you don't want them.
    - Ports armor has been nerfed to more reflect it's t65 status, and is on par with barrows.
        * This will be wildly unpopular, it was down to nerfing it, or making it untradeable. This makes more sense, and the superior form still retains all of it's former glory.
    - Ports will not show up under the Task Tab anymore if you do not have the first ship unlocked (looks cleaner, no useless info), will eventually filter all ships except those you own
    - Changed a lot of button 
hovers, weird interface texts: "Choose your motto"
    - The Teleports tab is now pink instead of green, the green was honestly blinding and "teleport
cpanel" sounded odd.
    - Hefin Monk has been changed so she will not run out of stones, and will not be shop-based. Each stone is now 1M each.

[+] Bug fixes

- PC will no longer have issues with concurrent games.
    - Two duel arena bugs fixed, specifically the bonfire bug.
    - You will no longer receive multiples of unique items like 
skilling outfit pieces.
    - Statius' Warhammer spec will now lower all melee defensive stats by 30%

* Previously only lowered NPC stabefense, or Player defense by 30%
    - Vote book timer issues correct, is now 100% accurate.
    - Some incorrect item combinations were fixed.
    - Dungeoneering will announce level 120 now.
    - Some item crafting issues were fixed: all bolts and bolt tips, mahogany stocks / adamant crossbows.
    - Blood necklace filtering added.
    - Raw pike will no longer burn into another raw pike.

• Upvote 10

Snixie    140

Was expecting rots with this update, but i've seen the screenies and its looks awesome.

Also thanks for the prayers,port gear fix,plat zone and everthing else <3.

Edited by Snixie

Ryan    231

Thanks for the amazing work as per usual noel, a lot of stuff being added/changed for the better of the server.

If only the community knew the amount of work yourself & the developers have put into a lot of this.

The Japan    97

Awesome stuff! Statius warhammer + scythe will be dumb good at kk now :D cant wait to use the hammer

as for the anguish and torment unlocks.... Mayby 5 Rigour scrolls to unlock anguish and 5 Augury scrolls to unlock torment?  So 1M tokens each i think? Abit less... Would be alright? :P 

Edited by Death Note

Lukasltu    38

Ports armor has been nerfed to more reflect it's t65 status, and is on par with barrows.

Rip normal prots armor :o It was needed though

Hot Milo    167

Nice! Dunno how I feel about the ports armour nerf though... t65 seems a bit too much of a nerf...

The rest is lit af tho

Osu    47

Nice!! :)

But in my opinion the new iron man mode emblem is really ugly and i hate it and i miss my skull :(

Also it appears i cant use the div locations in plat zone, not sure if this is intentional or not, but when i try to I'm able to walk through the wall.

Edited by Osu

Kris    122
56 minutes ago, Osu said:

Nice!! :)

But in my opinion the new iron man mode emblem is really ugly and i hate it and i miss my skull :(

Also it appears i cant use the div locations in plat zone, not sure if this is intentional or not, but when i try to I'm able to walk through the wall.

Ironmen along with HCI will be able to use all divination resources within Plat zone after the next update (Doesn't necessarily have to be the next patch, if Noel updates just for minor bugfixes, it'll be included).

• Upvote 1

Osu    47
25 minutes ago, Kris said:

Ironmen along with HCI will be able to use all divination resources within Plat zone after the next update (Doesn't necessarily have to be the next patch, if Noel updates just for minor bugfixes, it'll be included).

Thanks bro :) Good to know!

The Japan    97
7 hours ago, Dusty Cape said:

Nice updates @Noele will the audio ever be fixed?

The loud noise every now and then is horrible. :(

Turn your ambient sounds off, boom fixed it :D 

Loure    87
On 3/23/2017 at 11:28 PM, Chryonic said:

They're being fixed anyhow :)

thank god i can hear the beautiful sounds of the game again :0