Jump to content
Ataraxia RSPS
ely sia n

Duo Ironman (in-depth)

Recommended Posts

I noticed the idea of having a group ironman mode added, which struck my old idea for a duo ironman mode. This mode would have to selected upon the selection of creating the account. 

My idea of how the dialogue upon making a new account would work is as follows

Choose your game mode: 

> Ironman - Ironman, Hardcore Ironman, Team Ironman

> Team Ironman - Team Ironman, Team Hardcore Ironman - "Please enter the username of the player you would like to become paired with. NOTE: Once entered, this cannot be undone!"

> Enter the name of the other account, which will have to be made at the same time.

> "Waiting on second player to pair..."

> Second player follows the same steps as the first player.

 

Once both accounts have been entered and paired together, they will now be able to play. Some of the things that would now be able to be done with their partner would be dungeoneering, duo slayer tasks, using divine skilling locations, and of course trading.

Team Hardcore Ironman - If one player dies then both players lose their hardcore rank, as it would not be fair for other T-HCIM players.

Stats, donator status, perks, and hiscores will remain player-bound and will not be shared in any way. That being said, T-IM and T-HCIM being on the same leaderboards as regular IM and HCIM is still up for debate, as it can be argued that skills become easier with another player being able to help them instead of doing them on their own. If a separate leaderboard would be made for T-IM and T-HCIM, each player would have their own rank within the category, and not be combined with their team mate. 

 

* EDIT * I have been talking with Clumsy, and evaluated some more options for this game mode. We believe that having the experience rates set to x10, still unaffected by the well of goodwill. This allows for a more enjoyable ironman experience for you and your partner. Since the experience rate is faster than regular ironmen, I believe that the drop rate modifier should stay 20% for T-HCIM (since the risk of losing HC status is twice as high) and 12.5%, or 12% for T-IM. Donations should not be transferred to/from the account for any reason. The hiscores will be separate due to being a different experience rate. 

 

That's the first ideas that come to my mind on this topic. If you guys like this idea, let's show some support on this topic and leave some suggestions on what you think about this idea, or possible alterations to how the mode should work.

 

Thanks for some of the ideas mentioned: @Not and  @Dave

Edited by ely sia n
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This would be the best addition to any rsps and people would come far and long to try it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be cool to see if this was a possibility especially with the amount of ironman players that we have here. +1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incredible idea, would love to see more interaction between hcim and the mentioned features would make it much more engaging - just have to find myself a friend  😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for expanding on the idea, I could definitely appreciate this as well! +1 support. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great idea!

 

But... what about the hardcore ironmans and ironmans that already choosed gamemode they also get 1 chance to team up with someone? Or do you need to create a new account?

 

regards

 

EDIT:

would it not be easier to just let ironmans play together?

slayer, dungeoneering? Duo slayer and able to play with only ironmans dungeoneering maybe

Edited by Teabag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Teabag said:

EDIT:

would it not be easier to just let ironmans play together?

slayer, dungeoneering? Duo slayer and able to play with only ironmans dungeoneering maybe

That literally ruins the point of ironman if all ironmen got to trade amongst each other... That just separates ironman economy from regular economy. Having a partner makes it a game of team work while keeping the self sufficient aspect still here.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you have a great start going here to what could really be a great new concept to the game if implemented correctly. Sure, it will take some time to iron out the bugs and issues. A few things I noticed right off the bat though..

So how would you handle skilling over both accounts? Would you share levels? So if one of the duo trains their fishing to 99 and the other individual trains their mining to 99 do they both share the levels so in a sense both accounts have 99 mining and smithing? or does this just mean both accounts have access to rune gear and both accounts have access to rocktail? 

If you are going to up the experience rates then there HAS to be a separate highscores. But regardless if you have someone else you can work together with then I believe it wouldn't be fair to the solo HCI or IM to share a highscores as it's twice as easy for someone who is doing a duo. 

Also, how would you deal with drops from npcs? If both are killing a boss and lets say a drygore longsword is dropped. I assume the one with the most damage will get the item but will the other duo also get the drop? 

My only concern is Ironman and hardcore ironman are still a very independent game mode.  So at least in the early stages it doesn't quite matter that you are playing as a duo because you will still have to spend the time skilling and really the only benefits are shared items, group pvm, and group dung. And in the future if the developers change the game so ironmen and hardcore ironmen are allowed to group up for dung and pvm together then the only difference between that and group iron is the sharing of items. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Dave said:

I think you have a great start going here to what could really be a great new concept to the game if implemented correctly. Sure, it will take some time to iron out the bugs and issues. A few things I noticed right off the bat though..

So how would you handle skilling over both accounts? Would you share levels? So if one of the duo trains their fishing to 99 and the other individual trains their mining to 99 do they both share the levels so in a sense both accounts have 99 mining and smithing? or does this just mean both accounts have access to rune gear and both accounts have access to rocktail? 

If you are going to up the experience rates then there HAS to be a separate highscores. But regardless if you have someone else you can work together with then I believe it wouldn't be fair to the solo HCI or IM to share a highscores as it's twice as easy for someone who is doing a duo. 

Also, how would you deal with drops from npcs? If both are killing a boss and lets say a drygore longsword is dropped. I assume the one with the most damage will get the item but will the other duo also get the drop? 

My only concern is Ironman and hardcore ironman are still a very independent game mode.  So at least in the early stages it doesn't quite matter that you are playing as a duo because you will still have to spend the time skilling and really the only benefits are shared items, group pvm, and group dung. And in the future if the developers change the game so ironmen and hardcore ironmen are allowed to group up for dung and pvm together then the only difference between that and group iron is the sharing of items. 

You've got the wrong idea somewhat. No stats are shared. Literally the only difference between the two modes is experience rates, drop rates, and the ability to trade/utilize each other. No shared experience, dropped items in a boss duo is still for only one person, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1.    Sounds like a great way to feel like part of a team while keeping the self sufficient aspect of ironman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2018 at 7:02 AM, ely sia n said:

You've got the wrong idea somewhat. No stats are shared. Literally the only difference between the two modes is experience rates, drop rates, and the ability to trade/utilize each other. No shared experience, dropped items in a boss duo is still for only one person, etc. 

So besides the increased rates and the ability to trade there's no other differences between this and ironman mode? Don't get me wrong I like the idea of a group/duo ironman I think it will be a nice addition but to an extent this is basically just independent ironman mode with the ability to do dung, slayer, and trade together. 

If they changed ironman to allow us to duo slayer/dung with other iron accounts then there's not a whole lot separating this from the regular ironman mode. 

So what can this mode offer that the regular ironman mode/hardcore ironman mode?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's duo ironman...… On top of being x10 experience, you'll be able to focus certain drops/supplies to share between yourself and your partner. How does this not sound like a completely different aspect of ironman?? We're welcome for suggestions to improve the idea further, but within reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ely sia n said:

It's duo ironman...… On top of being x10 experience, you'll be able to focus certain drops/supplies to share between yourself and your partner. How does this not sound like a completely different aspect of ironman?? We're welcome for suggestions to improve the idea further, but within reason. 

I'm not saying it's not different, because it is. The concept of having a partner that you can share supplies with and do slayer/dungeoneering with is different. I'm just not sure being able to share supplies and having an increased drop/exp rate is enough to grab a whole lot of attention. 

What if this was made into like a seasonal competition. Similar to something like deadman in runescape? Everyone loves a little competition so how about like a reward system? The first team to comp t gets x reward and award the top three teams. The seasonal competition would need to be something that is apart from the normal duo ironman mode. This could be something that is seen as exclusive content which may bring new people in the door and for our current members this can be seen as a nice competition. 

I do like the idea of duo ironman, I just want to see what else can be added/changed as in my opinion this doesn't differ much from the current ironman besides the few points we've covered. It could even be something simple like each team can pick one perk from the store to be placed on both accounts. Apart from that one perk if they want anything else then it would need to be donated for. 

I guess what i'm looking for is just something to differentiate this from every other servers attempt at a duo ironman if you get what I mean? Like what can we do different to set us apart from other servers that also have something like this to offer?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We barely have enough people that play ironman/hcim to begin with, let alone team ironman/hcim. To be added, it just needs to be a basic idea for the time being to test the waters and see how people enjoy it. From there, that is when the mode-specific content will be released. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You probably shouldn't release content half finished. So if this is something that is going to be explored it should be polled along with mode specific content and get a feel for what people like and if there's enough interest across the board then maybe it is something that can be looked into. As this is a project that would more than likely take some time and dedication from the staff team releasing something bare bones and half finished is probably not the best way to go about this. 

Probably a beta period with specific users would be a great idea for this. Accounts can be wiped after the beta just to figure some things out before a full release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a brilliant idea, Really in-depth about the detail and everything 🙂 Support this, not an Iron man but sounds good all together

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be posting a dev blog about this sometime next week

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...