Sign in to follow this  
Noele

Economic Balance

Noele    398

Hello, today we're looking to assess the state of the economy in Ataraxia -- what gears should be changed to reflect their worth / rarity. Some items are considered hard to sell because they don't truly stand up to their price tag. 

[+] Some examples of this:
    - Nex armors vs Ports armors: Nex gear has a superior health bonus, but does not stand up to it's rarity due to Ports armor being much easier to obtain as well as being statistically equivalent to the nex gear.

- Every spirit shield vs Divine spirit shield: This is pretty obvious, the other spirit shields just don't stand up to 100% chance on-hit to reduce 30% of the hit.

- Nox Staff vs Polypore: Even with previous and upcoming changes to polypore's damage, it is far too common of an item to be considered end-game magic damage. 

As I'm mainly a developer and overseer of the game, I haven't experienced the grit of grinding your way up the economic ladder in some time. I would appreciate your opinions on what you feel should be changed to make the economy better for new players, as well as what items do not reflect their rarity / tier.

Thank you all for reading, and I look forward to reading your responses.
Noele :x

• Upvote 2

The Japan    97
39 minutes ago, Noele said:

Hello, today we're looking to assess the state of the economy in Ataraxia -- what gears should be changed to reflect their worth / rarity. Some items are considered hard to sell because they don't truly stand up to their price tag. 

[+] Some examples of this:
    - Nex armors vs Ports armors: Nex gear has a superior health bonus, but does not stand up to it's rarity due to Ports armor being much easier to obtain as well as being statistically equivalent to the nex gear.

- Every spirit shield vs Divine spirit shield: This is pretty obvious, the other spirit shields just don't stand up to 100% chance on-hit to reduce 30% of the hit.

- Nox Staff vs Polypore: Even with previous and upcoming changes to polypore's damage, it is far too common of an item to be considered end-game magic damage. 

As I'm mainly a developer and overseer of the game, I haven't experienced the grit of grinding your way up the economic ladder in some time. I would appreciate your opinions on what you feel should be changed to make the economy better for new players, as well as what items do not reflect their rarity / tier.

Thank you all for reading, and I look forward to reading your responses.
Noele :x

- Nex armours vs port armours.

1. I think all of the ports items should be untradeable so that ppl can not have 5 easy accounts with 90crafting just to do ports on.... and sell the gear for easy cash

2. I think ports sets should have 0 Offensive stats, but about 2.5x higher hp boost then nex armours, mayby you could leave some accuracy to death lotus & sea Singer since str bonus is alot differend on melee.

Rs3 Stat comparison on Torva Vs tetsu &superior tetsu: Normal tetsu - https://gyazo.com/6ee09aaed6828bda3a23e1570dc835f4 Torva - https://gyazo.com/3219a2de9093624b97db226650187ba2 Superior tetsu - https://gyazo.com/e9954c39b9bc72707eea9ac47f49c2bc

- Every spirit shield vs divine spirit shield

1. I dont have that big of a problem with this, it will always be so that some drop is clearly better then other drops from the boss, take for example kk or arax? Mace is very clearly much better then rapier & longsword, Fang drop is alot better then web or an eye drop thats just how it is.

2. If there is something that you really wanna do i would do this: Elysian would have 100% chance to block 20% of the incoming damage, thats because ely is basically already just a worse divine so it would kind of make sense, but ofc with that there should be the prayer drain added to the elysian aswell

2.1 If there is something that you really wanna do i would do this: Arcane would have some Magic damage % instead of just being accurate

2.2 If there is something that you really wanna do i would do this: Spectrals stats could be increased / it could have some sort of effect to make your prayer drain alot slower? idk spectral has always been shit.

- Nox staff vs polypore

1. Honestly, nox staff is kind of garbage atm :l i think it needs a new spec ( Possibly a spec that would use 75% of the spec and it would make the npc you are fighting weaker to magic for x amount of time ? )

2. Polypore shouldnt be a good weapon at all it should hit max 400 to 500s, like its a low tier weapon that costs fuck all and its very easy to get aswell ( I would be up for reset on polypores :l and making them harder to get ? )

3. Mayby make the nox staff have alittle bit more magic bonus, atm it has about the same as dual sea Singer weapons? its kind of terrible

Primus    26

Maybe you should nerf seasingers weapons to lower magic damage? Seasingers for accuracy, Nox for both damage and acc. Increase Nox staff accuracy and damage by a lot. Cap polypore spell at 300 damage max hit and only allow spell book attacks to   go over that. 

• Downvote 1

Chryonic    8

Honestly I've always hated RSPS economies. It should be just like RuneScapes (with money easier to get, of course). Think about it, their economy has been built over 10 years, they have prices figured out.
Making everything RS prices won't hurt the economy or make anything harder; money will be easier to get.

This is my two-cents.

The Japan    97
9 minutes ago, Alkan said:

Buff drygore mace so it can be compared to nox scythe since there isnt any offhands.

WHAT ? i get out dps'ed By mace pretty often while using the scythe lul on top of the fact that you can use a divine with the mace

Edited by The Japan

Tora    63

I feel with the nox vs polypore the way to go is to leave the polypore alone, increase the magic bonus on nox by +20 and then buff the damage of spells from the NORMAL spell book so that with a nox staff you could hit 700-800 on things like you can with a nox scythe, this wouldn't buff polypore, or make magic op, as most people use the ancients spell book.

I feel like this would make magic better overall as you could choose dps(normal spell book) or durability for slayer( ancients-healing)

Most people hardly use the normal spellbook which i find quite sad.

As it stands right now magic is the weakest type of combat in my opinion.

Edited by Tora

Not RsWiki    29

Not only trying to balance out the higher-tier items is an issue with the whole ports armours but I also think that we should take a look at lower tier items as well for balance out the economy.

1. Barrows/Chatoics: These two class sets of items are some of the most common items people use in an RSPS when getting started and from my personal perspective they don't do enough to lower tier bosses. I feel that these two items should have some sort of buff too them that makes them more usable at low-tier bossing and even some Mid-tier bossing like GWD.

2. GWD: GWD needs a bit of a revamp with set timers for all the bosses(Excluding Nex Of course) and on top of the set spawn timer the two bigger bosses in GWD that people fight Bandos and Arma needs a slight nerf. Bandos being that his defence is too high for lower tier gear to really hit well and or consistently on and Arma being a damage nerd because even when I go there in higher tier gear Arma can still do a fair amount of damage to you along with the minions. Sara is generally fine where she stands not too hard and too easy. Zammy is fairly fine where he stands but he doesnt really get much attention since his drops are pretty lack luster since the ZSpear had a speed nerf awhile back making him a pretty pointless boss to camp. Overall on this is having each boss have same respawn timer. Giving bandos a Defence nerd, Arma and Minions a slight damage nerd. And making the Zspear a bit more usable in game.

3. Ports V.S. Nex Armour: Ports is extremely over powered in the the light that is extremely cheap, Can start at early game, and can be traded and upgraded. Everything about ports needs an overall nerd from stats to making all of ports untraceable period. Something slightly less unnecessary would possible be giving a buff to the Nex Amours (Not Really Needed but could be played around with) Just to keep the appeal on them over using ports armour. 

This is just some of my personal opinions on how I think things could help stabilize the economy a bit not really sure if they would work but you won't know until you try. 

RSTyler    99

Spirit shields - I feel that the divine is fine as it is, however you could buff the spirit shields in the following ways?
Make the Holy elixir a more common drop (lowering the price of the elixir will hopefully entice more people to use it to make lower teir shields instead of seeing it as wasted unless used on elysian/divine
Spectral - Make this a more common drop, but with Increased prayer bonus and decent all round defence/attack bonus's?
Arcane - Boost the arcanes magic attack bonus's and all round defence bonus's, making it an ideal offhand for defence as well as magic.
Elysian - boost its range attack bonus, so what you are losing in defence vs divine you are gaining in your attack?

I agree with NotRsWiki in regards to the lower teir gears needing a rework of some form...

With regards to Nex Vs Ports, I have always seen ports as being Tank armour (so simply nerf all attack bonus's on them and make them tanky on the defence side) and Nex armours as the DPS armours, so buff the attack bonus's on the nex armours, making it far better than even superior ports armours, whilst lowering the defence on the nex armours, so that the extra hp is required due to the lack of defence on the armour?

I think Tora has a good point to make on Polypore issue... however, looking at use of the polypore, I believe it does need nerfing somewhat, it is accurate as f*** on vorago and can hit b2b2b2b 475's or so... maybe drop the accuracy and damage slightly, expecting to hit 400 max and not so often... making it still a useable weapon, but not the weapon of choice in comparison to its 2b counterpart the nox staff, which at present can out dps it if used correctly...

Tyler.

Guest Jaedmo   
Guest Jaedmo

Nex armors vs Ports armors: Nex gear has a superior health bonus, but does not stand up to it's rarity due to Ports armor being much easier to obtain as well as being statistically equivalent to the nex gear.

Pink just 4 u. I think this is a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE issue. Nex armours are pretty much cosmetic right now. Superior ports >>>>>>>>>> Nex armour. A fix to this is nerfing the damage of ports armour and buffing the damage of nex armours. 

Making the Ports armour the tank armour is ideal. It's easy to get and tanky armour that allows people to stay for periods of time, however, Nex armour, while t80 should be powerful and tanky, even though it's t80, Nex armour is generally known on most servers as power armour. 

What I suggest is buffing the Torva, Pernix and Virtus' attack bonuses quite substantially, so they're just a little bit worse than the sirenic, malevolent and tectonic. And taking away some of the Tetsu, Seasinger and Death Lotus offensive bonuses and putting that into defence bonuses. 

Superior Ports Armour should weigh up closely to Pernix, Virtus and Torva, However, it should cost substantially more to upgrade.

Every spirit shield vs Divine spirit shield: This is pretty obvious, the other spirit shields just don't stand up to 100% chance on-hit to reduce 30% of the hit.

To be honest, I think spirit shields balance wise are fine. Their drop rate needs to be buffed though. Divine shouldn't be 3b. And as for the difference in the usefulness of the shields, it's meant to be that way.. Just buff the arcane/elysian so the bonuses are heavier for magic and ranged while the Divine is an overall damage absorption. 

Nox Staff vs Polypore: Even with previous and upcoming changes to polypore's damage, it is far too common of an item to be considered end-game magic damage. 

Polypore shouldn't hit higher than 400 with the polypore spell. Noxious should hit as high as it's counterparts (nox bow and scythe) with high level spells such as Ice Barrage and Fire Surge. Nox staff should hit 700-800 max and the poly should be nerfed to hit no more than 400 however, it can hit more if wielded for another spell (I don't know if that's possible).

My Ideas

Dividing the currency

If it's possible, divide ALL forms of gaining currency, whether than be alching, thieving, boss drops, monster drops by 10. This includes all of the prices in the Grand Exchange of general items. It's SO easy to make money on RS3 from alchables and just playing the game. And us being an RS3-based private server this is only made easier. I'm 90% sure this wouldn't be possible, but if it is, but just tedious, teach me how, i'll do it. 

Imagine having, bandos set 40-50m, tetsu set 10-20m, nox bow 200m, scythe 500m. It just makes everything so much more balanced, in my opinion. No one wants to come to a server and see the best weapons in the game go for 2000x the amount of starter cash they got (2.5m for 5b (not even including the seismics at 10b+)). It's just disheartening thinking so far ahead "i'll have to make that much? Billions that's so much". When in reality gaining the 500m required for the weapon is actually the same amount of time, it just seems less due to the amount and the little letter following the number.

Off-hand Weapons

I'll be putting out a poll on these, but in my opinion, they would open Ataraxia up SO MUCH. When people come to a RS3-based server, they're looking for dual weapons, it's cool, it's legit so nice to look at. Balancing these and then releasing them into the economy will make it boom. People non-stop hunting these new off-hand weapons such as; Off-hand Ascension Crossbow, Off-hand Drygore Rapier/Mace/Longsword, Off-hand Chaotic weapons. It'd bring a new reason for people to stay, and try and get these new weapons either themselves or getting the money to buy them and try them in high level PvM.

I think that's all I got for now,

Jaedmo

Acaraje    61

Long time no see, hun?

here are some things that would make a very good impact in the economy:

- Remove chargebefriender perk 

- nerf void

Details:

If we nerf void, people will use pvp and ports armour more often, which is a bit better for the economy, but still not the goal.

If we nerf void + remove chargebefriender perk, all the gwd sets will have much more value, which is awesome, because pvp armour is supposed to be used in pvp. To be honest, the only set that was used was vestas, and to rush only, because of it's short lifetime.

Void is supposed to be a dps armour, but not for bossing such as KK

Plus:

Buff SOA. i suggested that before i quit, i don't know what was done about it.

By doing that, SOA will be the stronger spell ingame, like it should be. My suggestion is to make it hit faster (like RS) no matter what staff you are using, which makes the noxious staff and seismic wand the best magic weapons.

There was nothing wrong with poly, the problem was the nox staff which wasn't that good.

Ice barrage + chaotic staff was equal to pollypore. Pollypore deals more damage with it's regular spell, but with the cost of less damage while using other spells such as barrages. They were balanced that way. 

Much love <3 i miss you guys.

Edited by meu ovo
  • Downvote 2